A workshop for direct care workers, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is an interactive workshop that allows the participants to practice and demonstrate competence in a range of manual handling tasks. The workshop is aligned with the requirements set out by:
- Safe Work Australia - Hazardous Manual Tasks code of Practice 2016
- Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011
- Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 2011
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Definition of manual handling as it related to direct care work
- Identified risks associated with manual handling
- Overview of legislation that guides risk management
- Demonstration and practice of a range of safe manual handling systems
- Overview of equipment used for manual handling
Date: April 8th 2021
Time: 2pm - 3.30pm
Location: Akadia, 18 Hanna Court, Kearney's Spring 4350
Cost: $77 per participant
Please note that minimum numbers may apply.