Akadia Training Toowoomba, Health Support Services
Nationally Endorsed Course
Working in the health support services sector can be a rewarding and fulfilling career.
If you are considering a career in this industry, we would love to talk to you about your career options and guide you through the enrolment process.
At Akadia Training, we aren't just another training institution. When you enrol, you will become part of the Akadia family where you will receive on-going support throughout the entire course. You will learn from a team of trainers who have current experience in the aged care and disability industry.
Cert II in Health Support Services
This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide support for the effective functioning of health services. At this level workers complete tasks under supervision involving known routines and procedures or complete routine but variable tasks in collaboration with others in a team environment.
The following units will be offered:
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBINM201 - Process and maintain workplace information
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain a high standard of service
- CHCCCS012 - Prepare and maintain beds
- CHCCC020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCCS026 - Transport individuals
- HLTHSS004 - Handle and move equipment, goods and mail
- HLTWHS005 - Conduct manual handling tasks safely
- CHCCOM001 - Provide first point of conduct
This qualification is only available to students who are participating in the AllevE8 program, which is organised by DESBT.
AllevE8 is a school to work transition program developed by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for the community services industries. AllevE8 prepares students for employment while they are still at school, through structured workplace learning. It includes one day per week unpaid work experience placement and completion of an industry-endorsed and nationally recognised qualification - HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services.
Students will not be required to pay tuition fees under this program.
Students will be required to attend training for one day per week for 13 weeks. Students will be required to complete assignments and practical task before participating in a work experience program for a total of 20 days (one day per week).
For all enquiries regarding fee for servicing training, or either of the subsidised programs, please contact us.