On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify indicators and signs of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Identify the three levels of preventing abuse and exploitation
- Respond to abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Create a report providing evidence
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, administrators, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is a 1 1/2 hour workshop that should be delivered in combination with the documentation workshop. There is a heavy focus on meeting the legal requirements of mandatory reporting. Attendees will learn reporting practices that will stand up in court. The workshop has been developed in reference to the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissions.
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Defining reportable incidents
- Indicators and signs of abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Death in care
- Responding to abuse, neglect, exploitation and death in care
- Timelines for reporting
- Risk factors
- Key features of abuse prevention
- Individual bookings - $77 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 12 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply