Topics covered in this workshop:
- Comprehensive overview of the disability sector
- Work practices that meet the required legal and industry standards
- Manual handling competencies
Who Should Attend?
This workshop has been developed in response to requests from service providers for an introduction for new or prospective workers and a refresher for existing workers. It is ideal for anyone who wants a brief introduction or just needs to refresh their knowledge of the basics of the industry.
This program runs for 2 days.
This program is aligned to the:
- NDIS Commission’s Workers Orientation ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- NDIS Practice Standards
- NDIS Code of Conduct
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Overview of the disability sector
- Safe management of medication
- Infection control and safe food handling
- Abuse, Neglect and Critical Incident Reporting
- Documentation that meets legal and industry standards
- Manual Handling - Including transfers to and from chair and toilet, hoist transfers, slide sheets and transferring in and out of a car
- $195 per participant
Travel and accommodation costs may apply