On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of epilepsy
- Identify and respond to triggers
- Manage seizures
- Use of medication including midazolam
Who should attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is a 1 1/2 hour workshop that meets the requirements of the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators for epilepsy and medication management.
What is included?
- Anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system
- The condition of epilepsy
- Types of epilepsy
- Response to seizures
- Medications including midazolam administration
- Individual bookings - $66 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 15 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply