On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Define manual handling as it relates to direct care work
- Identify the risks associated with manual handling
- Identify the legislation that guides risk management
- Demonstrate safe manual handling systems
- Use equipment for manual handling in a safe and effective manner
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is an interactive 2 hour workshop that allows the participants to practice and demonstrate competence in a range of manual handling tasks. The workshop is aligned with the requirements set out by:
- Safe Work Australia - Hazardous Manual Tasks code of Practice 2016
- Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011
- Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 2011
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Definition of manual handling as it related to direct care work
- Identified risks associated with manual handling
- Overview of legislation that guides risk management
- Demonstration and practice of a range of safe manual handling systems
- Overview of equipment used for manual handling
- Individual bookings - $77 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 10 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply