On completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify prescription and non-prescription medicines
- Understand and follow legislation in regards to giving medication
- Undertake correct preparation of medication
- Understand and identify different types of storage for medications and client files
- Assist with the administration of medication
- Understand the guidelines in relation to types of medications
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care, disability and child care services.
This is a 3 hour workshop where participants will receive 3 CPD points.
What is Included in the Workshop?
The content of this workshop meets the legislative requirements for safe administration of medication and includes the following:
- What is medication
- Drug classifications
- Scope of practice
- Preparation and assistance with administration
- Incident reporting
- Issues, contingencies, disposal and much more
- Individual bookings - $88 per participant
- Group bookings - $660 for up to 10 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply