Topics covered in this workshop:
- Maintenance of feeding tubes and performance of routine tube feeding
- Guidelines for delivering medications through feeding tubes
- Provision of effective oral care
- Responding to emergencies, such as dislodgement of the tube
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is a 2 hour workshop that includes a practical component using PEG feeding equipment. Content of this workshop meets the requirements of the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators for internal feeding and management.
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Anatomy, physiology and rationale for PEG feeding
- Nutritional supplements used for PEG feeding
- Maintaining feeding tubes and correctly performing tube feeding
- Administering medication via the PEG
- Optimal oral care
- Responding to emergencies such as dislodgement of the tube
All training, where possible will be contextualised to workplace requirements, incorporating policies, procedures and documentation into the training and any confirmation activities.
All participants and workplaces will receive a statement of attendance and copies of confirmation activities.
- Individual bookings - $77 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 15 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply