Topics covered in this workshop:
- Effectively communicating with clients
- Supporting a clients independence
- Reconition of the intimate nature of providing personal care
- Patience and competence when supporting a client
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is a 2 hour workshop that provided support workers with the knowledge and confidence to assit their clients to follow their personal care plans while encouraging independence in daily task, and building self esteem.
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Providing services to cleints that enhance their quality of life.
- Providing support in areas such as tolileting and showering, also assisting with personal hygiene.
- Ensuring the clients dignity, privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maximising the clients independence in perfroming activities and daily living activitites
All training, where possible will be contextualised to workplace requirements, incorporating policies, procedures and documentation into the training and any confirmation activities.
All participants and workplaces will receive a statement of attendance and copies of confirmation activities.
- Individual bookings - $77 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 10 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply