Topics covered in this workshop:
- Understanding the basic functions of behaviours.
- Identifying behaviours of concern
- Identifying Positive Behaviour fundamentals
- Understanding legislative requirements for the use of Restrictive Practices
Who Should Attend?
Direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services.
This is a 2 hour workshop that provides an understanding of the basic function of behaviours.
What is Included in the Workshop?
- Understanding "What is behaviour?"
- Identifying behaviours of concern for the individual and others
- Identifying Positive Behaviour Support fundamentals
- Understanding strategies with person-centred approaches that are outcome-focused, person-centred and proactive
- Supporting clients to develop coping skills, development of communication and participating in daily activities.
All training, where possible will be contextualised to workplace requirements, incorporating policies, procedures and documentation into the training and any confirmation activities.
All participants and workplaces will receive a statement of attendance and copies of confirmation activities.
- Individual bookings - $77 per participant
- Group bookings - $440 for up to 10 people
Travel and accommodation costs may apply